Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Academic {Mentors}


“I was so excited to start classes and get on campus but after the first week I am feeling overwhelmed

I feel like there is so much reading and I can’t keep up with the lectures because I feel like I have to write everything down. 

I mean, I have a quiz already next Friday! Don’t my professors know I am taking more than just their course!? 

I’m trying to do everything- meet new friends, keep up with my schoolwork, work my first job and go to the WRC because I just can’t gain the Freshman 15.  

 I am not sure if I should drop a course because I do not want to fall behind.

 I’m so lost

I love being a Panther, but I’m afraid I will slip through the cracks.” – Struggling Susie



Do some of Susie’s concern sound familiar? These are common reactions to the beginning of every semester, so realize you are not alone. Making connections with faculty and staff on campus is extremely helpful when dealing with your uncertainties, and a great way to begin establishing that relationship is to meet with one of us!

We are the Academic Mentors through the Office of Academic Advising and we work one-on-one with students serving as a resource throughout your academic journey. Whether your needs include learning how to manage your schedule, deciding on a major, discovering appropriate study habits or simply transitioning to the university, we are here to help you be successful!

As graduates of UNI, we’ve been there and can relate to what you are going through. We would love the opportunity to help you be a successful Panther and make the best of your college experience! Contact us by filling out the form under the Academic Mentoring tab or by calling the office 319-273-3406.

No comments:

Post a Comment